Born in São Paulo – Brazil,
He grew up playing football and naturally learning and playing the music of his country as
a typical Brazilian child. He was always enjoying exploring the sounds that surrounded him
such as the rain, the birds and any natural environment sounds. Playing music was like
playing football, it was all connected as one whole thing for him. By the age of ten, he was
influenced by the sounds of the drums he could hear from his backyard and then tried to do
the same by listening the drums on the background, and started to practice with his mothers
pots and pans from her kitchen. He learned the basics Brazilian instruments as the likes of
Pandeiro, Tamborim, Caxixis, Berimbau, Agogos, Caixa and Surdo, basic instruments of the
samba rhythm. He then started displaying his talent for that art form, discovering his vast
range harmonic voice creating excellent performances.
Events by date:
- 1979 – Elis Regina’s renowned musical concert ” Saudades do Brasil “.
- 1981 – lived in Japan performing with Terumasa Hino, Sadao Watanabe, Toki Hidefumi and Kazumi Watanabe.
1982 – He had the honor to perform a live concert to Japanese Princess Hitachinomiya for the All Latin America Nippon friendship events.
- 1983 – He was invited to perform the Grand Opening ceremony of Tokyo Disneyland along with musicians Terumasa Hino, Kazumi Watanabe and Motohiko Hino at The Cinderella Castle event: “All That Jazz”.
- 1984 – He moved to New York City and his international carrier was about to take off to a higher places in the music and entertainment World.
- 1992 &1993 collaborated on McCoy Tyner’s Grammy Winner albums Journey and Infinity.
- 1994 – was invited by Ryuichi Sakamoto to joined him in his World Tour Concerts live CD and DVD for the renowned ” Sweet Revenge World Tour 1994 “.
- 2009 – Valtinho released his first solo album ” Forest Earth “. playing the Japanese Soroban as a percussion instrument, which was very unique and original.
- 2010 – He was invited to perform on the last ten days of closing ceremonies of Shanghai World Expo in Shanghai-China.
- 2014 – He was presented with a Award by the Brazilian Embassy in Seoul-South Korea for his outstanding contributions to Cultural and artístic exchange between Korea & Brazil.
- 2017-He was awarded at the 2017 ATA AWARDS PARTY in Seoul
- 2018-Currently working on his latest album, include new song “Our Secret Gareden “.
Co starring: In concerts, live and studio recordings, live concerts and performances,
live and recorded tv broadcasting networks.
Elis Regina, Wilson Simonal, Elza Soares, Djavan, Milton Nascimento, Egberto Gismonti,
Jaco Pastorius, Astrud Gilberto, Bebel Gilberto, Toninho Horta, Tania Maria, McCoy Tyner,
Kenny Barron, Kenny Kirkland, Michael Brecker, Terumasa Hino, Toshiko Akyioshi, Sadao
Watanabe, Ryuichi Sakamoto, Monday Michiru, Akiko Yano, Lisa Ono, Masabumi Kikuchi,
Alex-Eddie Van Halen and so many others.
In 1992 and 1993, he received two Grammy Awards as a collaboration with McCoy Tyner
in his albums “Journey” and “Infinity”.